Our contact details
Name: Diana Cole (HCV International Limited)
Postal Number: GU22 0HF
Phone Number: +44 (0) 7493 266 583
E-mail: [email protected]
HCV International Limited is registered with ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) under the number ZA913959 starting with 25th February 2021.
The type of personal information we collect
When you visit us, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website and information about how you interact with our website.
When you visit our website, we automatically collect and process the following information:
- personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- about your device, including about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
- information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website and information about how you interact with our website.
- billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To fulfill any orders placed through our website, including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices.
- To communicate with you for any potential modification, lack or adjustment of your order.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Also this will help us to document any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, which will protect both our customers and our company from potential fraudulent attempts.
- To keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant products and services including tailored for you special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and similar.
- To improve and optimize our Site, such as how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
We also receive personal information, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
– “Cookies” meaning data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” that automatically track actions occurring on our website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
We may share this information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use WordPress and WOOCommerce to design our online store. You can find more details about how they might use your information by going on their websites. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Sometimes we use social media and browser navigation to remind you of your visit on our website, your products that you have in your baskets or special offers about the products that you shown interest in. You can opt out of some of the targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at [email protected]
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on a European server in a secure data center operated by one of the most reputable server hosting company – Hostinger.
We keep your data usually for more than 5 years. We will then dispose of your information by securely deleting your data and previous archive of your records inserted on our website.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
Security of your personal data
We aim to maintain the highest levels of security. We take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
- Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions.
- You can tell whether a page is secure as ‘https’ will replace the ‘http’ at the front of the our website in your browser address window.
- Using an unsecured network in a public place can be risky as unauthorised people may try to intercept anything you’re doing online
- Only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust
- Our checkout process uses Verified by Visa and Mastercard® SecureCode™
- To use these services, you must first register with the bank that issued your card.
We strongly advise that you use secure and different passwords on each website. This action will protect you and your personal details against potential fraudulent activity.
- Never use the same password for two or more devices
- Use a mix of numbers, letters (upper and lower case) and special characters
- Avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, “123456” or personal details, such as your name, or phone number
How to complain about usage of your personal information
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected] We are more than happy to assist you with any information you might require, and to offer any kind of information you need to feel comfortable about sharing your personal details with us.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with our explanation or means of handling your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk